Wired This Way Episode 1: Testing Røde Microphones (and Raffle Time!)

by Quing Obillos
Rode MIcrophones

When I started to explore taking videos using my DSLR (Canon 5D Mark II back then), I knew I had to get a good external microphone to supplement great shots with good audio. It’s not that the built-in microphone of my camera is no good, but I know the audio could be better. Before, I didn’t intend to capture videos for vlogging. I would take videos mostly to capture family affairs and other personal events to keep as a remembrance.

Based on my research, Røde is one of the best makers of microphones. I tested their products’ quality with the first mic that I bought, the Røde Video Micro. I was quickly impressed, and Røde became my go-to brand for microphones.
As I transitioned to vlogs, I thought of getting better microphones to suit the videos that I will shoot. Or it could also be that I simply like getting new gadgets and tech stuff, which is why I ended up with three Rode microphones. Haha! Kidding aside, I wanted to produce the best quality videos, so I invested in two more microphones – Røde NT-USB Mini and Røde Wireless Go.
I want to show you my audio gadgets, and I’m doing it, interactively! Here is a video of me testing the Røde microphones one by one and I’m inviting you to share your thoughts on which microphone has the best sound quality. Those who will share their insights will earn a raffle entry for a chance to win a 20,000mAh power bank! I’ll closing earning of entries in 5 days and I’ll be selecting 4 winners via electronic raffle the following day.
Watch and enjoy! Remember to comment!

You may also like

8 comments

Nix G 2 November 2020 - 2:48 pm

I wanted to hear “The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.” 😂 Anyway, I think the first and four mics have the least static / background noise.

Quing 2 November 2020 - 4:15 pm

Thank you for your comment, Nix G!

Sheena 3 November 2020 - 8:17 am

What joy there is in living.. Lets enjoy life and explore the beauty of life.
Travel Buddies would like to try the Rode Wireless Go soon!

Quing Obillos 3 November 2020 - 10:10 pm

Thank you, Sheens! Hope Travel Buddies can fly soon!

Quing Obillos 9 November 2020 - 12:48 pm

Congratulations, Sheena! You are one of the four winners of the raffle. Please send me your address and phone number through the contact form (https://www.quingdom.com/contact-me/) of this blog or the Quingdom Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/QuingdomPH) so I can arrange the delivery of your prize. Thank you!

Leane 5 November 2020 - 8:18 pm

I prefer the last one, sound is crispier and clearer with the Rode Wireless Go. Noise were reduced too 😊

Quing 6 November 2020 - 12:27 pm

Thank you, Leane! I would have to agree with you on that! 🙂

Quing Obillos 9 November 2020 - 12:49 pm

Congratulations, Leane! You are one of the four winners of the raffle. Please send me your address and phone number through the contact form (https://www.quingdom.com/contact-me/) of this blog or the Quingdom Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/QuingdomPH) so I can arrange the delivery of your prize. Thank you!